Thursday, September 3, 2015

Solar Energy System Tax Credits | Iowa Department of Revenue

Solar Energy System Tax Credits | Iowa Department of Revenue:

Just checked for information on my state tax credit for my solar installation and found how much Iowa has given out in the past 4 years.  It's a lot!

As of August 2015, Iowa has given out over $10.5 million in tax credits for solar installations since 2012!  There's only $1.1 million left to go for this year, so I'm glad I have gotten my project started already.  I shouldn't have a problem getting my tax credit.

Based on the county map of Iowa on that page, there are at least 1,000 solar installations in the state that have gotten tax credits since 2012.  That's pretty cool.  I hope Iowa can keep the credits going beyond 2016!

No comments:

Post a Comment